Documentary system libraries
Larbi Ben M’Hidi University :
Central Library (BCU) and faculty libraries are organized to support their users in their documentary research, whether local or remote (via the Internet); by providing them with a multidisciplinary and multilingual documentary database, was developed in order to cover all the courses provided by the university.
In the main, they constitute a powerful teaching tool that follows the evolution of new information and communication technologies. The documents of the B.U.C. are equipped with RFID tags, which allow both identification, management of document on one hand and communication transactions and their security on the other hand.
The documentary collection is accessible from computerized catalogs, elaborated by type of documents:
- Works; reference works;
- Braille documents in disciplines pursued by visually impaired students (Law [Arabic / French], Sociology, Psychology [Arabic / French], Literature, French Literature, and English Literature);
- Academic works (PhD thesis, magisterial or master memory, in paper and electronic version with full text). For the paper version formerly deposited, electronic versions are being developed.
- Intellectual production of university teachers;
- Electronic resources;
- Bouquets of electronic journals S.N.D.L, Al Manhal;
- Databases of audiovisual documents (DVD, CD ROM).
Mapping of the documentary system
The documentary system of Larbi Ben M’hidi University is based on one central library, a new place of work and research that stands majestically in the university’s new central campus, designed by Algerian architect Chorfi Ahmed, who it was snuggled against the sides of Sidi R’ghiss mountain which border it perfectly marrying its circular shape in harmony with the overall architectural structure of the university rather modernized Moorish style.
The library started to be operational (October 2008), this was preceded by a few months its accession of university center (1983) to the rank of university (04 January 2009), of which it inherited the documentary fund. Multidisciplinary fund, which from year to year is enriched by counting new sectors (Sports, Political Science, History …). The central library forms the core of this organization around which many of the faculty libraries gravitate around as it is represented above: